Large Barometer: What Is/Is Not Ethical?
Materials: Prepared papers with statements (see exercise description)
The poles of the barometer are
“Is ethical” and “Is not ethical”.
Some situations and approaches for the barometer:
- Creating a programme under instructions from the donor.
- Leaving out difficulties and problems from activity reports.
- Making a living doing peacebuilding.
- Cooperating with folk music celebrities to promote your ideas.
- Publicly criticising another NGO.
- Cooperation with war veterans’ associations.
- Paying per diem allowances to participants in peacebuilding training.
- Organising a youth seminar at the most expensive hotel in the country.
- Copyrighting peacebuilding.
- Peace work is part of the market economy.
- CNA proclaims the ethical standards of peace work.
- Peace activists should be loyal to each other.