How I Became a Man/Woman
Materials: Copies of the questionnaire
The participants split into smaller groups of four or five. Their task is to discuss in their small groups: “How I became a man/woman. What influenced me?” Let them know that there will be no presentations in the plenary about what they discuss in their groups.
Additional questions for the small groups (print a copy for each group):
- Who and what did I play with when I was a child?
- What kind of clothes did I wear?
- What did I want to be when I grew up?
- Who were my idols?
- What were my parents like?
- What were the expectations of my environment of me as a boy/girl and later on?