The barometer method
Suggested statements for the barometer:
- I am a patriot.
- I have a better understanding with people of my religion.
- Conflicts are inevitable among people of different identities.
- Insisting on your own identity undermines multiculturalism in society. I have a better understanding with people who speak my language.
- I accept diversity easily.
- People from mixed marriages have an identity problem. I would give my life for my country.
- There are identities that are imposed. National identity is imposed.
- National identity is imposed.
- I feel the need to defend my national identity when it comes under attack. You must know who you are.
It is optimal to have three to five prepared statements for the Barometer. The Barometer should not last for more than 20–30 minutes, because people will get tired standing on their feet and this will lead to a drop in attention when listening to others.